Saturday, March 04, 2006

The City is mine

i m a concrete eagle,
flying thru smoke tryin to see things equal,
I tell u what i see thru eyez of mine,
often overlooked the cries of the child,
I tell u the truth, eyez of the wild,
So much diversity tries to divide,
rich and poor, caste and the creed,
i see the house and the hate it breeds,
minds are crazed and sick,
i m often amazed at this,
Just then God raised the heat,
Sweatin, I m tryin to increase my liquid intake,
I ve loved the city since i was in 6th grade,
I love the city still no mistake,
The city lights shinning on my face,
Ahmedabad City is the place,
So hypocritical, Got me irrate,
I got links so I m just throwing my weight,
I m just tryin to know my hate,
I m riding too fast I need to slow my pace,
I need to floss, I need to show my best,
City's moving on, following path of the west,
Few figures coming up, Start the unrest,
As a citizen, my part is put to test,
I feel the city choking every evening,
You can't use dictionary to match every meaning,
The smoke makes hard to even see 6 feet and,
I m just tryin to come to terms with joy of defeating,
Every few months a new kind of greeting,
Broken dreams found wings I m leaving,
But still far away i can feel the city breathing,
Even when its asleep,
Got the youth caught up in the grip,
the vices, keep the city in one piece,
Not asking for more but more than one wish,
City gifted me a style to run with,
And an attitude u wud like too,
There's more to the city than a business and a design school,
I didn't use a ruler for a line I drew,
Parents pushin refusin teens,
lil past notoriety,
Middle class authority,
Money with cooperative tellers,
End up makin 'em high city dwellers,
The City state dry,
Some of the high grade lies,
End of October and something illuminates the sky,
Come January and again its colorful and bright,
city doesn't sleep 9 days a year,
I m talkin aloud there are 9 ways to hear,
trouble fiends suicide,
Get double wings n fly,
to the promised land, Was this planned,
No notice sent,
The retail boom,
My homies send the details soon,
6 weakened teens spend time at 6 silver screens,
And 6 years later 6 livers weak,
Expanding like exponential,
Still below full potential,
Supplying every essential,
Progressing in sections, Demandin attention,
Migrants attraction, Never liked fractions,
Never visited the ashram,
But i got more than art lovers in my arsenal,
I 've got business people and even fanatics,
City is known for more than aesthetics,
From hustle bustle of the old city, where peoples bargaining,
To far west where new youth is waiting,
Many winds have carved the stone,
Charity of many things starts at home,
Same place where hearts have grown,
Same face that the skies have known,
Vacant is where lies the throne,
I've waited for this b4 i was 9,
I claim the city, The City is mine

No comments: