Friday, July 28, 2006

Enemy Within

No, Its not
My parents pushing me, in my teens,
No, not my sibling I need to outshine,
Not my cousins, forgetting what I taught,
Not my peers, whom I need to outrhyme,
No, Not my friends backstabbing at will,
No, Not my teachers in the school,
Making me learn what I barely understand,
No, not the priest
trying to mould me,
No, not the deafening wind,
when I m lonely,
No, not the devil,
Always tempting me,
Not the thunder,
when I sleep shivering,
No, not the empty glasses,
making my liver sick,
No, not when I m gasping for air,
not knowing the river's deep,
So the question is who then?
is my nemesis,
I say, Me and this mirror,
The shattered glass and my soft flesh,
I, myself, my own worst enemy,
I can fight the world,
But how can I defeat myself,
I m losing either way
Its the enemy within*

No comments: