Sunday, April 23, 2006

School of the hardknocks

Welcome to hard times
I made it through,
But sometimes my heart cries,
I know it was worth it,
Even though I paid an odd price,
Never thought I would be here,
But I proved, me wrong,
It took me a while,
I know now where I belong,
I graduated from the school of the hardknocks,
It wasn’t easy,
Making decisions on a hard spot,
I soaked in the mistakes,
Ran the race but always a dark horse,
I know something was guiding me,
A power, a force,
Now I make up every second,
For the hours I lost,
Working my way through,
I would never count my regrets,
Keep doing what I m doin,
Never sit back knowing I m blessed,
I graduated from the school of the hardknocks,
My teachers said I would amount to nothing,
They were like I would be doing some odd job,
I made them eat their words,
Like they were starving and hungry,
During winter the birds fly south,
I flew west, left my country,
I m that diamond in the dirt,
Still to be shaped,
I m making my own path, there is nobody I have tried aped,
So many battles won,
I fought my way through pain,
I made through the obstacles,
I was born to go against the grain,
I met that monster in the mirror
Befriended him, took up the challenge
And made it through the rain*

No comments: