Saturday, May 26, 2007

Leap of Faith

I know I ain't nobody,
to tell you what you do,
But this Yes I tell you
my dear friend,
Just so that you know,
And you won't get hurt
I ain't telling you
Not to fall in love,
Just don't let the love
hold the reins,
I know what you might think,
What do I know about love?
But if I could show my broken heart,
You wouldn't say the same,

Love somebody,
but not more than yourself,
I have been there and done that,
And done with it,
Believe me if you could,
those seconds of heaven
are nothing,
compared to the pain,
that a broken heart brings you,
I ain't saying all men are alike,
and for sure I know all women either,

Dream I say,
But don't make them so hard,
then again its a matter of belief,
Coming from a dare devil like me
I know it sounds absurd,
Who am I tell you,
Not to take,
This leap of faith*

No comments: